need help on what kind of dual exhaust to get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a true dual system for my 1997 K1500 Tahoe Coupe. It sounds great with the 350, but is way too quiet as I can barely hear the complete factory system. I'm looking for straight pipes from header to rear bumper not single that splits into dual further back. I checked magnaflow and flowmaster and all they had for "your specific vehicle" was just a better flowing version of what I have, not dual at all. I don't know what to call what I am looking for, but I'm trying to find a price so I can save up once I get a job next summer.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
There is no bolt on dual exhaust kit, because there's no reason to make a bolt on dual exhaust kit. They sound like complete ass and kill engine output. The cheapest solution is to pick up a DI/DO Magnaflow muffler for $80 that has an internal crossover. You can either dump it or run the pipes out the back. For the sake of everyone who has to listen to it, don't run dual pipes.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Mine are ran out the back. I did leave the converters this time, alittle quieter, and run magnaflow G.P.'s. Had it done at a exhaust shop near my home town. I think it sound good. Nice low rumble.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One reason you don't see true dual kits much anymore is because you get more torque out of a properly sized single exhaust than you do out of a dual setup. Best way to do it is to run 2 into 1 and then split at or after the muffler.