Need a little help with wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I installed an overhead console with a Homelink module and added a mirror with compass and Auto-dim. My questions are
1 - Homelink has some LEDs that I can hook up to the illumination circuit. Where is the best/easiest place to get tapped the n for that?
2 - The Auto-dim mirror has a wire for the reverse signal from the trans. Same as above, where do I tap in for that connection?

Thanks

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I tapped the LED supply into my headlight switch's illumination circuit so they'll dim with the rest of the lights.

For the mirror reverse feed, check and see if you have pins in the convenience center in the two-pin hole to the right of the 6-pin connector your door power feeds are on. If that 2-pin spot has pins, the right side pin is your reverse feed. If your truck wasn't wired with an interior reverse feed, you'll have to run it from the transmission's reverse switch. Sorry lol. Also I hope you have a 96+ or all of this means nothing.

....ha, you do have an older one don't you...

Your reverse feed is right at the bottom of the steering column, the light green wire coming off the little switch thing down there.

Unless you have a standard and then you're definitely running it directly from the switch on the transmission.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tapped the LED supply into my headlight switch's illumination circuit so they'll dim with the rest of the lights.

For the mirror reverse feed, check and see if you have pins in the convenience center in the two-pin hole to the right of the 6-pin connector your door power feeds are on. If that 2-pin spot has pins, the right side pin is your reverse feed. If your truck wasn't wired with an interior reverse feed, you'll have to run it from the transmission's reverse switch. Sorry lol. Also I hope you have a 96+ or all of this means nothing.

....ha, you do have an older one don't you...

Your reverse feed is right at the bottom of the steering column, the light green wire coming off the little switch thing down there.

Unless you have a standard and then you're definitely running it directly from the switch on the transmission.
Yup, it's an 89 and auto, so I'll look for the light green wire. Also, good idea about the dimmer switch, I can dig around there.