My new 1996 k2500 eclb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Put e-brake cables on, a spring hanger (that was a PITA), rockers and some other bodywork done. The truck has had a bit of a hard spring hauling fishing gear around, busted up the lower back part of the box a bit which tore off some of the impact strip I put on, everything is more or less in place now but it flops around in the wind :rofl:

Tailgate posts rusted off, I haven't had time between work and fixing my girlfriend's Sunfire to fix it, so a rope has been doing the job for now.

Speaking of that Sunfire (2000, 2.2/auto)...doing lower control arm bushings with nothing but a hammer and a chisel, on a dark rainy night, was lots of fun.

You must be registered for see images attach

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Painted the front driver's side of the truck. Just used a rattle can, turned out pretty decent actually. The door is still screwed up around the handle, and it still looks like s**t with the gross whitened mirror and only half the moulding on, but it's coming along

I also fixed the rust on the front of the hood, and colourmatched the bowtie. Normally I'm not big on colourmatching but I think it looks kinda cool. I was just bored so I said what the heck, how bad can it be. Sanded 'er down, taped it off real good and went at it. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Old before pic:

After:

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Rattle can turned out real well.
And for fixing youre gfs car that SUCKS

Thanks. If I clearcoated it...it would look close to stock I think.

And yeah, not a lot of fun. Wasn't really that bad of a job, just the conditions sucked. J-bodies are stupid easy to work on.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Had the day off and it's nice out today so I replaced the post hinge thingy and put my tailgate back on, washed 'er and went for a little drive down to the river

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Looking good man. You should definitely get your frame painted up.

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Keep up the rattle canning! That front DS looks really clean! follow the bed all the way back, and get that molding on the rest!