My build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Oh you have the 243. I have a 241. The 241 is a better case but you have to do a lot of modifications to electrical to make it work if you have a 243

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Oh you have the 243. I have a 241. The 241 is a better case but you have to do a lot of modifications to electrical to make it work if you have a 243

Yah because is yours a floor shift?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
da gone it... I was this close to seeing the thing done so I could start on my own! :lol:

good luck getting it fixed! that's a bum deal man :nono:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
da gone it... I was this close to seeing the thing done so I could start on my own! :lol:

good luck getting it fixed! that's a bum deal man :nono:

Im just gona drive it haha and when the case finally goes ill pull it home and fix it

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
well went to drive it to school today but now it runs like a$$. Surprise! backfires and pops all the time getting sick of this thing

Reaction score
I had that problem one time and it was a something as simple as pulling the cap and taking some rtv around it. Has it been wet/lot of moisture. i know it sounds crazy but you wouldn't beleive it and the cap and rotor on mine when i had that problme. I made a big mistake and collapsed a lifter rebuilt whole top end replaced everythng and it happened. It is amazing what you can learn from an ol timer.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I had that problem one time and it was a something as simple as pulling the cap and taking some rtv around it. Has it been wet/lot of moisture. i know it sounds crazy but you wouldn't beleive it and the cap and rotor on mine when i had that problme. I made a big mistake and collapsed a lifter rebuilt whole top end replaced everythng and it happened. It is amazing what you can learn from an ol timer.

Vortecs seem to be hard on distributor caps for some reason. Dunno why.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Any ideas what's going on? Have you done a tune-up recently?

Yah it sat with the wind and snow blowing directly in the grille all night something just got wet I'm sure