My '98 Z71 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought you were payin to have them done?

Didn't get to the shop an no one would really give me a definite price on the phone. I was scared that it would be $100 when I picked them up. so I rented the press an 4wd adapter set an got 'er done. Still not easy, cost $150 just to rent that stuff an took probably 2 hrs or so. :nono:

So u decided to get a new box?

Ya wifey said fix it so we didn't have to worry about when it would die. new box was $240 dang core on it was $225, but I took the old one up there with me....

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Didn't get to the shop an no one would really give me a definite price on the phone. I was scared that it would be $100 when I picked them up. so I rented the press an 4wd adapter set an got 'er done. Still not easy, cost $150 just to rent that stuff an took probably 2 hrs or so. :nono:

Ya wifey said fix it so we didn't have to worry about when it would die. new box was $240 dang core on it was $225, but I took the old one up there with me....

Dude, where did you go? If I EVER have to get something local, I buy it on Advances website first...the Fenco box on there website is $210 + $80 core...could've used a 20% off coupon code and gotten it for $168.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Napa, I didn't want one that was remaned in China. This one was done in Mexico, I was going they had a USA one but that was it.....

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be up there shortly to help you bro, we going to whoop ass on it today!! BTW am I still higher? I know, I know, mine is taken apart but its still there in spirit!!!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Napa, I didn't want one that was remaned in China. This one was done in Mexico, I was going they had a USA one but that was it.....

I got ya, and good call too IMO. I try my best to order all AC Delco or Delphi from Amazon or Rock Auto, one nice thing about having two trucks is I can usually wait a couple days for a part.

During my lift installation I didn't know I'd new ball joints, so yeah, I'll be needing some of those again soon I'm sure on the 92.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope haven't started yet today. Oldest has a soccer game an I haven't missed one this year an wasn't going to start now....

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Nope haven't started yet today. Oldest has a soccer game an I haven't missed one this year an wasn't going to start now....

I gotcha. I wanted to work on my rig today too, but it's storming like crazy outside.