My 94 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
when you upgrade shocks get some bilstein 5100s great price and awesome shock. also some black holed steelies will look good or chrome if your more a chrome guy. what performance mods were you thinking about doing. i love the blazer btw

theoutlaw

Reaction score
I actually like the aluminum wheels that are already on it. when I do replace the shocks I was going with something adjustable. Not sure on the brand yet though. As for the engine I'm planning on vortec heads with the GMPP intake manifold and a cam. Havn't decided on the cam yet. Of course I'll be upgrading the fuel and ignition systems too.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet ride, i wish my yukon had a tailgate like yours. those barn doors annoy the crap out of me

theoutlaw

Reaction score
Got the rear mat installed today. I'll post pics tomorrow. I left the spare tire mount out because I plan on getting a rear tire carrier or roof rack to mount the spare to and didn't want to have the bolt holes cut in the new mat. I'm just gonna lay the tire in there for now. I did put the bolts back in the floor board under the mat to seal the holes. I also didn't reuse the tie downs either. I did however mount 2 of them on the side panel where the holes for the spare tire mount where. It covers the holes nicely.

theoutlaw

Reaction score
Ok. More progress. I replaced all the hoses, the thermostat (180*), temp gauge sender, and the fitting in the intake manifold. Thank god for PB Blaster and the miracle of that stupid fitting not breaking. LOL I did notice 2 things. One my temp gauge is bad. The new sending unit didn't fix it. It rises to about 140* and stays there just like it did with the old one. The second thing was that the previous owner made his own injector pod spacer out of metal. Its about 1/4" thick and on top of that he has a gasket on top and what looks like 2 gaskets stacked underneath it. Doesn't leak though so I'm leaving it till I can get one from Summit or Jegs.

theoutlaw

Reaction score
Finally got the running boards off. Also gonna send it to Ammco tomorrow to have the trans rebuilt. I also picked up some 2" lift blocks for the rear that I'm gonna put on. Here's some pics of her without the runnin boards.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. More progress. I replaced all the hoses, the thermostat (180*), temp gauge sender, and the fitting in the intake manifold. Thank god for PB Blaster and the miracle of that stupid fitting not breaking. LOL I did notice 2 things. One my temp gauge is bad. The new sending unit didn't fix it. It rises to about 140* and stays there just like it did with the old one. The second thing was that the previous owner made his own injector pod spacer out of metal. Its about 1/4" thick and on top of that he has a gasket on top and what looks like 2 gaskets stacked underneath it. Doesn't leak though so I'm leaving it till I can get one from Summit or Jegs.

Which sending unit did you change? the one by the t-stat or the one in the DS cylinder head?