My 66 Chevy II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an idea.
1967 Pontiac Acadian Canso factory grille. Canadian version of the Chevy II/Nova.
(We had the American version here, too.)
The grill mounted turn sigs are the same ones used on the 1967 GTO.
Pretty sure that Canadian specific-built models & their parts are pretty well non-existent down south, but I'll bet that the GTO stuff, with it's relatively huge aftermarket, could be made to fit the Chevy II grille with few probs.

You must be registered for see images attach
The plan with the signals will be a 12"x 9/16 h 14 bulb led strip tucked up under the bottom of the grill. Just need to fab a panel for them to make them look like they somewhat belong and not just placed there. Like you said, a lot of the arcadian and nova stuff is getting hard to find, and most isnt reproduced, and if it is from what I'm reading doesn't fit very well.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to see you've picked urself up another fun project.
Thanks, I picked it up in the bay area,.
The paint on the car is trashed. The whole top of it, the clear coat was pretty much gone. Thankfully, the car is pretty solid. It has some surface rust on the roof, and on the trunk lid that thankfully came off pretty easy. The wife likes this a lot more than the stepside, even though we both do miss seeing the big ******* in the garage.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I miss my Nova.
It was running 'just a tad' quicker than the 13's!
The daily, 3 seasons a year for almost 9 years.
Factory original, # matching L-78 4 gear.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a nice car. Don't see many 3rd gens around here either. There's a 69 I see once in awhile with a 396 that is gorgeous. Hugger Orange, mini tubbed and sounds nasty. I need to get a pic next time I see it.
Mine may see the track just to see what it can do. This thing has traction issues, it will spin the tires up until it gets into 4th.
I want to mini tub it and possibly get a 315 size tire in the rear.
I also need to get subframe connectors. Theres a couple hairline cracks up at the top of the a pillar from the car twisting.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! "Traction Issues". Yea, mine could jump around & dance pretty good. Always had to be ready to counter steer against whichever way the rear end decided to go, especially on the street. I've had it literally jump sideways into the next lane when hitting 2nd gear @ 6750rpm. That'll cause a bit o' butt pucker!
Yea. mine would twist, too. Not enough to cause hairline cracks, though.
Next door neighbor kid, 14 years old, ridin' shotgun. Elbow on the door, holding on with his fingers in between the top of the door frame & the rain gutter. (Cruisin'!)
Come up against a GTO. All through 1st gear the kid is hollerin..."AHHHH!!!"
2nd gear..."Getoffit! Getoffit! Getoffit!!!"
Shut-up, kid! 3rd gear & I'm reeling him in!
I thought he was freaking out from the acceleration. Nope. His fingers were being pinched between the door frame & rain gutter!
The 2nd to 3rd shift let off enough on the twist for him to get his fingers out.
Came by a couple days later. 3 black finger nails. But he was laughing!
He's married with kids, now. We've had a good chuckle or two over the years about that.
I got into more trouble & had more fun in that car than any other I've ever owned.
The 6-8mpg (Of Premium!) was always totally irrelevant!

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol! "Traction Issues". Yea, mine could jump around & dance pretty good. Always had to be ready to counter steer against whichever way the rear end decided to go, especially on the street. I've had it literally jump sideways into the next lane when hitting 2nd gear @ 6750rpm. That'll cause a bit o' butt pucker!
Yea. mine would twist, too. Not enough to cause hairline cracks, though.
Next door neighbor kid, 14 years old, ridin' shotgun. Elbow on the door, holding on with his fingers in between the top of the door frame & the rain gutter. (Cruisin'!)
Come up against a GTO. All through 1st gear the kid is hollerin..."AHHHH!!!"
2nd gear..."Getoffit! Getoffit! Getoffit!!!"
Shut-up, kid! 3rd gear & I'm reeling him in!
I thought he was freaking out from the acceleration. Nope. His fingers were being pinched between the door frame & rain gutter!
The 2nd to 3rd shift let off enough on the twist for him to get his fingers out.
Came by a couple days later. 3 black finger nails. But he was laughing!
He's married with kids, now. We've had a good chuckle or two over the years about that.
I got into more trouble & had more fun in that car than any other I've ever owned.
The 6-8mpg (Of Premium!) was always totally irrelevant!
Lol. We took the brother in law and his fiance for a ride. The back seat is either vynl or leather. Need to recondition it. It's in decent shape. Told the fiance to put on her seat belt, didn't listen. Punched it, it got sideways and she smacked her head against the window.

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The brother in law has been up here the last couple days. He's got the front bumper all welded up, just needs to finish sanding. He got the rust issues taken care of. Getting the body lines lined up. Got the car sanded down completely.