My 1990 Cheyenne slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this truck in March of 2004. I really didn't plan on keeping it long term, as it needed a ton of work. I got it for $100 and a 1990 Lincoln Town Car that was good for a parts car- at most. It had a worn out 305 in it. Had 200,000 something miles on it. Radiator had been replaced a year or two earlier and the tranny had been rebuilt.
I really started fixing it up last year, in Oct. I dropped in a 355 I had gotten for $150. It has a bit of piston slap in cylinders 2 and 5. I can live with it for a couple of years, then my bro and I are going to build a better 350 up and drop in it.
So far, I have done the following (besides the motor swap):
Got OOBS Rally wheels 15x8
Swapped the sealed beams for composites
Took off the toolbox, side molding, and debadged it
Got tinted tails
Installed DDM Tuning HID kit (35W 4500K)
Lowered it (DJM 2" spindles and 2" Coils, DJM flip kit) along with Summit sport truck shocks
Made my air filter an open element (jig saw)
Ultimate TBI mods
ECU from a '92 G20 van (service # 16146299 broadcast code AWLD)
Hooker long tube headers, Summit h-pipe, and Dynomax race bullets, with 2.5" piping into 3.5x14 echo tips, exit in front of rear tire
Alpine HU, 12" Kicker CVR subs in a box I built, Pioneer Premier PRS-X340 amp bridged into 2 channels on the subs. Re-doing mids/highs (6.5's in doors)

Pics will start on next post.

Last edited:

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming up is a rear roll pan, new front bumper, have a hood to put on, a paint job (probably satin black).

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This morning when I got home from work I ordered a set of 9005 55W 5000K HID from DDM, along with two of the dual in dual out harnesses. I also placed an order from Stylin' Trucks: a set of TYC Elgante clear headlights and their clear parking lights, and a set of clear corners by Anzo. The DDM is en route according to the tracking info I was e-mailed. Hopefully I get to install it all next weekend. While I have the grille off (and stripped of lights) I am going to repaint it gloss black. The flat black just isn't doing it for me.

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my order from Stylin' Trucks today. Hopefully my DDM Tuning order will be here tomorrow. Looks Saturday will be a busy day for me.

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changed the wheels to 15x8 Cragar V5 in gloss black. Got BF Goodrich Radial T/A's in 255/60R15 all around:
You must be registered for see images attach

Got in a wreck Jan 13, 2012. Got a new black grille and a cowl hood. Got the grille on, need to paint the hood still. Trans died a couple of weeks ago. Got one for it, just need to finish pulling mine and putting the replacement in. That is priority right now.