My 1990 Chevy 454SS Pics/Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toocoo

Reaction score
OK so I've decided to go ahead and do a build thread for my 454ss that i bought a few months back.

It all started with my desire to buy a single cab short bed truck to tool around with and haul **** from time to time. While doing a little research I came across the 454ss editions that came out in the early 90's and I fell in love! So I hit craigslist and after a few months of searching I found the perfect one. After a hour drive to Shulemberg and a few hours of inspecting and haggling I was driving her back home that night.

Picture of where I picked her up from. The barn in the background is where she sat for a little over 6 years.
You must be registered for see images attach

came on what looked like a set of 15x8 15x10 centerlines, Which i absolutely hated!!

750CFM carb
MSD ignition system
Edelbrock short tube headers
K&N air filter
hacked up piping on a set of flowmaster mufflers (which i've gotten redone)

so i hit craigslist again looking for a set of cheap rims and came across a guy that was selling a set of 15x8 rally rims for $75. I meet him up and buy them the same day.

Shortly there after I find another guy on craigslist that wants to trade his 22" chrome BZO Colt 45s for a set of 15" centerlines. So i meet the guy up and he falls in love with my rims and we do the swap

not really my style but i figured i could sell the 22" and ride on the rally's that i bought in the mean time and use the money from the 22" to get some rims that will suit the style im going for. So i swap the rims off the truck for the rally's and sell the 22" for $700 to a mom and pops tire shop.

and buy a set of these

Cragar D Windows 17x8 front 17x9 rears

So as she sits now she's on rally wheels waiting for some tires, which i hope to pick up for Christmas or until i find a really good deal.

Mods since I've had it have been minimal. I had to replace the coil on the MSD ignition system because the old one was arcing terribly. And just yesterday had all the old piping and cats taken out of the exhaust and had new 2.5" piping done with an X-pipe (sound clips up later)

I'll try to get some shots of how it sits as of today for the sake of keeping up with progress. But my plans are to get it back to slightly modified stock looks with a bit beefier engine.

Thanks guys for looking reading and I hope ya'll enjoy the progress pics as I'll be keeping ya'll updated. I enjoy all comments good or bad and any suggestions.

toocoo

Reaction score
Could i get a mod to move this thread to an open discussion area. I was told users cant comment or post on this one.

toocoo

Reaction score
Engine Shot (Kinda Dirty)

found some interior pics....that was the seller for me on this truck when i bought it was how crisp and clean the interior was. All it needs is new door seals and a new pillar. Seems like whoever installed the tach couldn't make up their mind on where to put it.

It was kinda ugly outside so no recent shots...i'll try to get some tomorrow.