Motorola TK30 anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since buying the wife a 2012 VW Routan (minivan) shortly before our 2nd daughter was born I have really enjoyed the uConnect feature of the radio. Once paired, my phone and it's radio connect very fast when I get in. I get all my calls show up on the screen, hands free conversations, streaming music saved to my phone, pandora, podcasts, etc, etc. I decided I would like something like this in my truck.

I have no desire to replace the factory radio. I hate the center mounted radio in the 88-94 dashes. It is hard to reach, screams, "steal me.", etc.

I listen to the radio mostly anyway (usually AM :)) and I have wired in an aux in port using the wiring from my old tape deck which works fine, but I would really like the connection to be wireless.

Anyway, I ordered this kit this morning off Amazon. We will see how it works. It ties into the factory speakers, has it's own 4 channel amp built in and seems, on paper, that it can do everything the uConnect in the wifes van can do.

So my question is, has anyone esle used one of these, or something similar? How did you like it? Did it work?

I'll update this after I get it installed so whomever else may be interested will know as I could find no real reviews on it other than on the sites that are selling it.

edit: Here is the link for it: http://mediacenter.motorola.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12254&NewsAreaID=22

Attachments

• TK30_Lt_From_Rear.jpg
    TK30_Lt_From_Rear.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 13
  • TK30_Lt_InCall2ndCallActive.jpg
    TK30_Lt_InCall2ndCallActive.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 11