Most economical lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makattakz71

Reaction score
I just joined the site. I have a 98 Z71 and someday I plan on giving it a 2" lift. I don't know much about lifting, so what's involved? I guess I would use 2" blocks in the rear, but how about the front with IFS? Any help would be great.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! With a 2" rear block you would crank the factory torsion hard to raise the front. Be warned tho that cranking the tbars will increase wear on all steering components and rougher ride. For a daily driver I would suggest a body lift.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I just joined the site. I have a 98 Z71 and someday I plan on giving it a 2" lift. I don't know much about lifting, so what's involved? I guess I would use 2" blocks in the rear, but how about the front with IFS? Any help would be great.

Well if you're just looking for 2" of lift you have a few options:

You could crank your torsion bars in the front and put in 2" blocks in the back, but this will be extremely harsh on your front end components (balljoints, CV joints, ect) and give you a rough ride.

Or you could go with the body lift route and just get a 2" body lift.

The last option would be a 2"-3" lift offered by companies like Superlift, Rough Country, Skyjacker ect. This is not recommended considering its just an over-glorified torsion bar crank and it will also put more wear on your front end components and give you a rough ride.

Oh and you could also get the slightly larger 4" kit from Rough Country which would keep front end geometry the same and you would maintain factory ride quality. But if you're just looking looking for a simple 2" then a body lift is probably right for you.

makattakz71

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. What's involved in a 2"body lift? I was concerned about cranking tosion rods after reading several posts.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all the body bolts removed, body lifted up that 2 inches then reinstall, extend some lines or wires possibly, mostly steering shaft and filler neck but unsure on the 2 inch kits, and then fan shroud trim or relocate.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the block and crank for long term use. Save up for a suspension lift so you can drop the front diff. I think you can get an rcx for 900-1000 shipped from a vendor. You could do a body lift, Im just not a big fan of the looks.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Just a note on this...sky jacker offers a 2" lift that drops the diff like the 4"&6" lifts as well. This is the option im looking at for my truck along with some replacement t bars to replace mine if they are sagged.

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a note on this...sky jacker offers a 2" lift that drops the diff like the 4"&6" lifts as well. This is the option im looking at for my truck along with some replacement t bars to replace mine if they are sagged.

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

Wait for it...........

Wait...for.......it........

:hidesbehindsofa: