Misfire on cylinder 4 misfire help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated. My nephew has a 96 C1500 with the 5.7 and was getting a random cylinder misfire code. We changed the plugs to platinum (forget brand but wasnt Delco), the distributor cap and rotor, both 02 sensors and now it is giving the cylinder 4 misfire only. Any idea what it could be?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
It could be that plug wire or possibly a broken rocker arm on that cylinder. A compression test would help you out in diagnosis.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As above, compression check. Swap that plug wire to another cylinder and see if the problem moves. Bad injector. Leaking intake gasket.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Cracked spark plug insulator maybe? Move the coil to a different cylinder and see if the misfire follows.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Seeing as it went from a random misfire to a solid Cylinder #4 misfire, I would check that spark plug 1st. Swap it with another cylinder and see if the misfire changes to that cylinder. It wouldn't be the first time I have gotten a bad plug out of the box. Might want to run some seafoam though it as well.