Misfire …again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
are you running a big lift cam? If you want some cheap insurance that it wont happen again even if you have a stock cam drill a hole through the cast tower and stud and install a roll pin. use a new drill bit and put locktight on the roll pin

I've never heard of that (or had that problem). Regardless...Smart idea!

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never heard of that (or had that problem). Regardless...Smart idea!

Vortec heads are great but they max out at about .460 give or take... just when you drill the hole drill all the way through the boss so that if you ever want to remove the roll pin and upgrade to screw in studs you can.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you running a big lift cam? If you want some cheap insurance that it wont happen again even if you have a stock cam drill a hole through the cast tower and stud and install a roll pin. use a new drill bit and put locktight on the roll pin

No, it's stock cam. This stuff is scary enough as it is without altering the pins. The thing with doing that though is that the stud is bent over and the hole where that stud is, is cracked. It's history.