lt4 hot cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I have a friend with an lt4 hotcam thats used out of his 94 Z28. He was making almost 450hp with a 355 and t56 with the stock 10 bolts. Well he diecided to go bigger and better with just everything 24x swap bigger cam, valve job, all the goodies. Anywho i was thinking about it and what upgrades would i need? I already have roller tip rockers dont know ratio but would i need bigger ones and new springs for that much lift? Id need a tune i know that. Id need to get all hydraulic lifters the girdles and valley tray, what else? My truck seems to like a heavy foot rather than a light one. I dont know why but when i drive lightly something breaks and when i treat her like a dirt little **** she loves it and i get better mileage. Doesnt bother me any.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You already have hydraulic lifters, what you need are roller hydraulic lifters.

Also make sure your block is roller ready. Most were, but some are not.

-Via Mobile-

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
lifters girdles and valley thingy. jack you are right bad wording on my part. my block is a roller block. just need to know if my heads can take that much lift. they arent stock but i dont know a darn thing about them except they are fresh built tbi heads new stainless valves 1.6, 2.02 and stamped roller tip rockers.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
what do you need to do to make it roller ready if not?

The block has to be machined.

lifters girdles and valley thingy. jack you are right bad wording on my part. my block is a roller block. just need to know if my heads can take that much lift. they arent stock but i dont know a darn thing about them except they are fresh built tbi heads new stainless valves 1.6, 2.02 and stamped roller tip rockers.

I wouldn't run the LT4 without matching springs.

-Via Mobile-

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
now for some reason i dont remember but its springs that can hold a certain maximum amount of lift correct? not the rockers? for some reason i cant remember. and yes id run matching lt4 springs.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
No no

Maximum amount of lift depends on many factors. What will happen is if your total lift is too high, your pistons will slap the valves when they're open.

Springs need to be matched to the cam to prevent valve float.

Keep in mind that TBI engines like vacuum, so a larger lobe separation will be good, and keep in mind that TBI engines like to stay under 5500rpm. This means you don't need and extreme amount of lift.

-Via Mobile-