Lowering Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buRRp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want o drop my truck but am new to lowered trucks. Not sure of great, good, bad brands of lowering kits. I am wanting just a mild drop of 2/4". What would you guys recommend as far as the best way to do it and what parts should I use? Thanks

98C2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 98 C2500 has a 2/4 Belltech drop from a previous owner; the docs that came with the truck indicate that the drop was done ~10 years ago. Truck still rides and looks great.

So, another +1 for Belltech.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I would recommend Belltech.

:word: Been with Belltech since 1988 (on my 88) and 98 on my Suburban. ZERO issues. Dually is DJM, no complaints there. McGaughy's and Western Chassis are good names as well.

Last edited:

buRRp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'll start looking at some of those brands you have mentioned.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Cut 3/4 of a coil off, drop shackles and take the center leaf out the leaf springs. 2/4 drop for the price of the drop shackles. And if you cut 1 coil off then you'll get 2.5 drop in the front.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I cut one coil and got three inches I've got hangers and shackles in the rear.... and just recently pulled a leaf to get down a little further :evil:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my static android

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Bear in mind that cutting coils makes them stiffer, which will affect ride quality (you may desire a stiffer ride) lowering coils are wound tighter to achieve the desired drop. Drop coils are cheap enough, and could be considered maintainence depending on your trucks mileage. I would trim trim coils if you are trying to fine tune the amount of drop you have by 1/2-3/4" or so.

Sent from an obama phone