Low power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess the tire's about 10% bigger than stock (check me on this) so the indicated speed is correspondingly about 10% lower than actual.
It sounds backwards, using these numbers, a bigger tire would read 22 MPH while actually going 25. Maybe a gear change happened too?

Purplestaff

Reaction score
I should add, I get terrible gas mileage, like a quarter tank a day, and I drive 30 miles or less in a day. I know the O2 sensor can cause that as well as a lack of power

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should add, I get terrible gas mileage, like a quarter tank a day, and I drive 30 miles or less in a day. I know the O2 sensor can cause that as well as a lack of power
Yes it can, and if it's bad your trouble codes should show it.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well the OBDI ECUs don't have the rich set of codes and diagnostics that OBDII has, but there's still much useful information to be gained.

Find someone who can help you out. A good tool can not only read the codes but show sensor information (O2 sensor, TPS, MAP, coolant temp, etc.) all of which will go a long way to sanity-checking the health of the engine and its control system.