Loud Bang when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They just called me and said it's fixed. Going to take it to another shop to get the brakes checked though to make sure.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They added 1.5 litres of fluid and it's fine. Now that I think about it, going by the cold fill line won't be accurate since I have quite a large tranny cooler on the truck. I never did check the hot temp. I'm going to get Tracy to do some hard braking and run through the gears and stuff. I find it a bit hard to believe it was just fluid doing that, especially since it was only when braking.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They added 1.5 litres of fluid and it's fine. Now that I think about it, going by the cold fill line won't be accurate since I have quite a large tranny cooler on the truck. I never did check the hot temp. I'm going to get Tracy to do some hard braking and run through the gears and stuff. I find it a bit hard to believe it was just fluid doing that, especially since it was only when braking.
I would be very suspicious. My personal thought is that it broke a rotor at the "hat". That would explain the large bang and the problem to progressively worsen as the crack would grow larger. The wheel would still be solidly mounted but the rotor surface would move around.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be very suspicious. My personal thought is that it broke a rotor and the "hat". That would explain the large bang and the problem to progressively worsen as the crack would grow larger. The wheel would still be solidly mounted but the rotor surface would move around.

I was thinking something more like this as well.

She drove the truck and bit and it's braking fine and no more noises, but she says the truck just doesn't feel right and it seems sluggish. There has to be something more to this all.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Got to be^^^ I don't have a clue without being able to look at it tho, Interested to see what you find.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Typical. I don't buy the trans stuff... Not unless something is seriously wrong with it, and at that point, its not gonna be a cheap or quick fix.