Locked up throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, i've got kind of a odd question, i have a locked up throttle body from sitting for 5 years, i was gonna ultimate tbi mod it for my daily driver, what would be the best way to free it up?
thanks

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Start spraying and start taking it apart. Probably would be smart to rebuild the entire thing. When all is said and done spray it with compressed air, acetone, carb cleaner, get er nice and clean

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
Start spraying and start taking it apart. Probably would be smart to rebuild the entire thing. When all is said and done spray it with compressed air, acetone, carb cleaner, get er nice and clean
probably wouldnt hurt to spray the butterfly linkage with some WD-40 to get it freed up before taking it apart

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
PB Blaster works best. I deal with bolts and fittings that have been submerged for years or covered in all kinds of crap, and that stuff is magic. Spray it real good and let it sit for at least 15 mins. Longer if you like, the longer it sits the deeper it seeps