led in 1998 door panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdavis76

Reaction score
im in need of a door panel reflector led, i bought the 194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wide Angle Wedge Base but they are too large in diameter to fit in the light/reflector . any one have any luck fitting anything else?
You must be registered for see images attach

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya man it's really easy, although it may be the same bulb but a little wider, all you have to do is grab a knife and gently scrap around the edges to make the opening a little bit bigger, you see where the bulb holds in on the top and bottom of the reflector but on the right and left side it's already rounded, just round that off a little more till you can put the leds in there, I have some 18 smd LED's in my 98's doors lol.

Edit: oh i see wide angle, personally I would just buy these http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-T10-168...Parts_Accessories&hash=item25757a0aad&vxp=mtr

I mean you get 10 of them, that's 1 for each door = 2, 1 for each passenger and driver side courtesy light = 2, 1 for the glove box light, 2 for the liscece plate lights, 2 for the cargo bay lights :] that's... 10 :D 10 lights! Honestly I would buy 2 packs of those 10's, mod that cluster for your dash and turn that sucker white.

Last edited:

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a dremel tool. Keep it on a low speed setting and check every now and then to see if the bulb will fit and you'll be set :)