LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skaneever

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are my LEDs.
Cluster
You must be registered for see images attach

4x4 selector

In 4-wheel drive

Changed the lens in my Hvac, not quite blue enuff, but will do for now.

The blue is darker in person, these are the w-5 led from superbright, the glass star shaped ones. When I finally get a tach cluster I'm gonna get brighter ones, but these work for now. This cluster is just lacking when it comes to lighting, only 4 LEDs light the gauges, the 5th is for the gear selector which I dont have due to the 5speed. Want to do all the dummie lights as well, shift, check engine, signals, etc.

slate

Reaction score
Has anyone found an upgraded gauge cluster for the 1990 model z71? Or are you limited to changing the colors with LEDs?

AceH

Reaction score
I know this isn't the right thread but I figure u guys posting here will know best. I was thinking of doing led turn signals once I get my clear signal lamp. I seen people use the led bar under the lamp with the stock bulbs. I wanted to go cool white led bulb in the lamp and maybe even the led bar under? Or would just the bar light up the lamp enough? And also I assume blue or cool white signal would be illegal but maybe someone has done this and hasn't had problems? Any input on good or bad idea? And also I seen someone post somewhere what bulbs for headlights just hoping someone could refresh my memory on which LEDs for signal lights and high beams to go with... I don't was to go hid for high beams just my lows but want led for the high beams. Any better ideas anyone have? All info will help me decide.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Turn/parking lights are 1157 bulbs, the led cord is just an aftermarket thing you wire into your parking or turn signal wire. In most states, white is usually ok to use, whereas amber is preferred. I have red parking/signal lights, cool white driving lights, and green headlights, but we have a lenient state.

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been reading page after page of this thread and haven't come up with a definitive answer yet for the question I have so I'm just gonna fire it off....does anyone know which angle works best for the dash LED application? 90 or 120? any pics of the difference would be cool too.... Thanks!

BURBAN98

Reaction score
First post but been surfin the Forum for quite some time. Read all 51 pages sections at a time so i apologize if i just over looked it. But in my 98 burb does any one know the correct bulb for the Hatch release button and push button 4wd indicator on dash. Already have like a $85 dollar order on Super Brights website and dont wanna skip on those if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated