Leak near CV axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So was looking under my truck today to confirm the oil cooler lines are leaking (which one is, so gonna do both got new AC Delco lines) and noticed on the pass side where the CV axle bolts up there is what looks to be a slight leak, maybe a front axle seal? Not to familiar with the front ends on these trucks, its a 1995 4dr Tahoe 4wd if it matters too, thanks for the help

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
There's a lip seal in there. Just like a rear axle seal or wheel bearing seal on a cup and cone type bearing.

Axle shaft has to come out to replace.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a lip seal in there. Just like a rear axle seal or wheel bearing seal on a cup and cone type bearing.

Axle shaft has to come out to replace.

Thanks for the quick reply, whats the correct name, front axle seal?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
make sure you look it up for yourself.

I just grabbed a 95 tahoe picture.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So was looking under my truck today to confirm the oil cooler lines are leaking (which one is, so gonna do both got new AC Delco lines) and noticed on the pass side where the CV axle bolts up there is what looks to be a slight leak, maybe a front axle seal? Not to familiar with the front ends on these trucks, its a 1995 4dr Tahoe 4wd if it matters too, thanks for the help

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

I wouldn't bother fixing it unless it gets really bad. It'll just come back..

Every chevy IFS frond end does it. Including the 2014s, I've already seen one come into work with a sweat to it.