KMC Rockstar wheels cracking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyChevy09

Reaction score
I was interested in some KMC rockstar wheels in black for my 95 1500 but the guy at the truck shop said he has had these wheels come back cracked on trucks that never leave the road, anyone had this problem or seen it? Have they corrected the issue? All I could find on this subject was back in 2010 and on diesel trucks, I'm second guessing my wheel choice now. Thanks!

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the main thing find out if they cast or forged wheels. if they are cast they are considerably weaker due to the amount of voids left in the metal cause of air pockets. Forged wheels though more expensive are far stronger

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just might be because they are so ugly they just can't stand themselves. :shrug:

Seriously though, it could have just been early manufacturing defects. If all the reports of them cracking are old its more than likely been addressed an fixed by now.

HeavyChevy09

Reaction score
Haha that's a possibility, maybe the issue has been corrected. I did notice that they come with a lifetime structural warranty though.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The warranty won't cover ugly though.

I don't know about where you live but around here that wheel is everywhere. That's reason enough to pick something else, if you need another reason besides :puke:

With as many as there are out there I think you will be fine with on a 1/2 ton on if you just have to have them.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
finally less rockstars in the world. but in all honesty the first time an aquiantnace of mine wheeled his truck( never took it out in snow, or rain) (we influenced him to take it mudding with us) one of his rockstars(forged) exploded and the other started cracking. i personally do not like the looks or quality of them.

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
Don't be a dick about wheel choice. Lots of idiots buy fake simulated bead locker style which I laugh at all the time. yeah rock stars are played out and have been for a few years but to each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk