K2500 Lower Control Arm Bolt Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct- clearance is tight where the shaft bolts on is in the opposite direction of stock. I had to shave a little off my new bolt and ensure the bolt and nut wouldn’t contact the axle flange. This might be one of the reasons the bolts are like this from the factory.

LoCascio_Inc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is a K1500........

I've never worked on forged LCA's on a K1500 but for stamped LCA's it's not a big deal to unbolt the 6 bolts of the axle flange and move the axle away an inch or so. The biggest pain of removing the drivers side axle completely is the sway bar link is in the way. On the passenger side the link doesn't interfere with removing the axle.

If rebuilding the front end--especially if the LCA bushings and/or ball joints are being replaced, I take the axles out. The knuckle is going to have to come off anyway.

I just went out and looked at my 96--which has had the LCA'a off twice--I have the bolts in the factory direction. But the first time I think I installed the bolts in the opposite direction of factory.

This is a K2500 and the bolts contact the main axle shaft flanges, not the CV shafts. I trimmed one edge (about a 1/4”) off the bolts for them to slide out. They could be installed “backwards” and still clear everything but since the new “slim head” design fits easily I’m gonna reuse them in the factory orientation.

You must be registered for see images attach

K250098

Reaction score
I know it's a bit late to the party. I'm about to replace my LCA bushings in my 98 k2500 (yaaaaay)

Does anyone know the exact size of the bolts? Just going to cut the heads off and replace with new.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's a bit late to the party. I'm about to replace my LCA bushings in my 98 k2500 (yaaaaay)

Does anyone know the exact size of the bolts? Just going to cut the heads off and replace with new.
Not absolutely certain, but I believe it should be M16-2.0 x 117 mm total length with a 46 mm threaded section.