Just a good ol' boy from Arkansas...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaGump

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I finally decided to sign up on the site after having used it pretty often over the past few months. I work as a high school teacher in small town Arkansas. I've been a Chevy guy my whole life with the lone exception of my first truck, a 1979 F250 farm truck. I beat that one to death after constant starting system problems and have been in the GM camp ever since. I've owned several c10s, 99+ Silverados and second gen Camaros and Firebirds, but this is my first GMT400.

So I've hit mid life and the obligatory crisis that comes with it. I've decided to build up a 1989 C1500 that I bought from the local school district for $400. The TBI 305 and 700R4 are leaving (305 into a c10 work truck I have and the 700r4 is inop) and a nice little 350/th350 combo is going in. I already have the engine and trans from a previous non-gmt400 project. I'll be doing the project in three stages.

I've started a build thread over in the Steet forum, so if you're interested, head over and have a look.

I hope you all have a great day!

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome. Im from a small town in Arkansas as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from from one state north of you!

Just checked out the build thread, I like your plans for the truck. Good luck with the project!

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Bubba, do you know commenting is disabled in the build thread area? I wanted to post on your build thread, but I can't.

BubbaGump

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bubba, do you know commenting is disabled in the build thread area? I wanted to post on your build thread, but I can't.

I saw that outside comments were disabled, but I wasn't sure where else to post the build thread so people could comment. Is there a particular place to do that? My build will have a little of everything, suspension, engine, bodywork, electrical.