ISO info - actuator or clean door lock rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As the title says. Apparently im drawing a blank on what exactly to search for. You tube only shows how to change one. Not clean it.

long story short the key takes alot of effort to turn to unlock, presing the lock button barely moved the lock, bought new actuator, still same problem. Toom teh old out and it pops in / out when not connected to the rods.

so how the hellmdo i clean it? Videos please

Dale Stevens

Reaction score
Mine was the same; I didn't clean anything. Just lube all the rod guides and spray lube back toward the lock. I couldn't see the lock mechinism on my 93 so just lubed it best I could. Worked just fine, Dale

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after cussing every one of the panel clips, slicing my finger on the door skin, fighting the window that jumped track, i FINALLY found my issue; rod was binding on the holder pens. So popped it out, tweeked the rods orientation some, and now it works GREAT. OVERALL, i give it a 4 beer minimum, & 7 f word max…. I think i coulda squeezed in a 5th one but it started raining. Glad to know i saved 20 bucks & can send this actuator back. Now on to passenger side & doing the climate control blue plexi now