Is this oem, or ok to rip out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on finding wires to horn, but Is any of this ok to remove, one of them says rattler, the other is dei remote start, don't know if it works, don't have that fob. I plan to repurpose the switch : )
You must be registered for see images attach

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck doesn't run with one of the dei connectors removed, but the fused going to the relays bundled to it are removed, so they don't do anything atm I guess

Last edited:

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I'll just leave it tucked back under there, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I'm not happy about it

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d pull it out. But if you’re not comfortable then don’t. I’m willing to bet the wire that runs the starter is cut in run into the dei box or a relay. You’ll have to splice it back together

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d pull it out. But if you’re not comfortable then don’t. I’m willing to bet the wire that runs the starter is cut in run into the dei box or a relay. You’ll have to splice it back together
This plug shown, removed prevents running. I'm ok with removing, but I guess I don't want to go down a rabbit hole chasing wires. Thanks for the response.
(Further research tells me it's a passlock/immobilizer and used when installing remote start on gm vehicles)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it doesn’t look like a phenomenal install, I’d say it woul be easy to trace, there’s a harness of thicker wires coming out of the steering column under the dash. Look for those then look for any that “T” probably taped (someone will have to verify but I think it’s either pink or orange for the starter wire. Those other relays look to be door lock and unlock they will just be spliced into wires Probabaly around the drivers kick panel area. Could be scotchlocked. It w shouldn’t hurt anything leaving it all in just keep in mind that it’s there if later on down the line you have starting or door lock issues.