Is it possible to go from a Chevy grille to a GMC one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Its a direct swap just the corners are different and if its an 88-94 youll need a new lower filler panel and parking lights. I personally dont like the chrome GMC 95-98 grilles they look cheap. If you do get one get a painted one please.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Well, I decided to run my truck through a ditch the other day... I need a new bumper and the grille bumper filler. This will be put on hold unless I can get one for free / trade. I want the smoothie chrome bumper. Anyone know if the 96 red GM used was Victory red or one of the 900 other reds they used?
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/ Is pretty much > LMC...

Id rather get an all chrome one, but if I can get one for free or for the cheap painting is an option. This truck has moisture under the clear coat for some reason and the freezing is making it separate really bad so I need to paint the whole thing...

Thanks for the replies and info on this guys. (If you want to sticky this Im fine with it and can edit the first post Mike.)

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cody, i picked up a gmc grille in great shape from a junkyard in minnesota when i was there for xmas. payed $50 for it. all i have to do is paint it. im sanding down the corners right now to paint them too. i got hit and run and the ****** cracked my grill

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easy swap and all you'll need is new ambers.
I like my stock Chevy bowtie grille ...............................but I do have a nice brand new GMC grille w/ billet that I'll probably have painted to match my truck when it gets repainted this Spring just in case I decide to change the look up a tadd.

You must be registered for see images attach