Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trio

Gold member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I recently brought a 96 Silverado k 1500 back to life. Unfortunately, I just found this page so I will be excited to learn / help y'all

Welcome. For an introductory post, you are a little thin on details - and pics - we like pics and the backstory....

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, feel free to join in the conversations and share lots of pics.

jays96

Reaction score
So as I said I have a 96 k1500 and the guy I bought it from wanted to get it restored. He had a lot of problems along the way. He did a 97 Tahoe 5.7 motor swap, had the trans rebuilt, had the rear end rebuilt. Zero rust on the truck came from Florida. In the last 2 months I have been non-stop working on the truck. I replaced headlights, tail lights, grill, front and rear bumper, wiper arms, wiper sprayers, wiper pump, no reverse lights so did the neutral safety switch, replace the clip at the end of the shift cable because it kept popping off, upper lower ball joints, inner outer tie rods, CV axles, power steering gearbox, power steering line, added a k&n cold air intake, rebuilt the entire AC system, idler pulley and belt, did a spray in bed liner, used PR15 on the frame and wheel wells cleaned the whole underside of the truck, did a rear u-joint at the rear end, changed the center support bearing for the drive shaft, did the transfer case seal, rebuild driver and passenger doors, lock actuators door handles, 4 new bilstin 4600 shocks and I think the list goes on lol. The truck is riding and driving like a dream right now, but I still have a big list of things to nitpick.

jays96

Reaction score
Oh yeah I have only owned the truck for 2 months. This is my third truck I've had like this but my other two were around 10 years ago and they were rust buckets. One was a 98 3500 four-door dually and the other one was a 96 standard cab 1500. This one I want to do right. I was looking into buying a new truck and I just could not justify the price and I'm in love with OBS's so I'm trying to get it running driving like new.