Intake spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nash Boeckel

Reaction score
Hello does any company make a intake spacer for a 7.4L vertec. Ik there’s one out there for a 5.7. But if anyone knows a company that does make a spacer for the intake let me know thanks.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. Intake spacers are useless anyways
Not exactly correct. On the L31 and L30 as well as the L35 with the spider it helps the engine breathe. Also on some engines adding runner length is benificial to bring on an earlier torque curve. I added a 1" tall phenolic spacer to the 4.0L V6 in my mom's 2011 Pathfinder when I changed the spark plugs and had the plenum off. The 4.0L responds to the 1" runner length increase by making a solid 15 ft/lbs more torque in the 2,500-4,000 rpm range with only a minor hp loss near redline at 6,000. In normal driving you do feel the increased torque. It was a good tradeoff since it often pulls a trailer and is seldom redlined. Like a TPI 350 or 305, the L29 and L21 for that matter already have very long runners so I don't see the need for adding any more. What the L29 really needs is a tighter LSA and an earlier intake valve closing along with a little more duration.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
So yeah, useless for his application.

What are you trying to achieve with this spacer, OP? Just curious.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Sorry, don't think there's a commercially available manifold spacer available for your application. Would be interesting to see what one would do to your powerband, though!