Installing a 96 dash, connector question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A while back I picked up a dash that was already pulled from a 96 truck so I could not see for myself where all the connectors were going. Yesterday I started installing it in my truck but got stuck when I couldn't identify some of the connectors.
I was said that I got all the wiring that come from the interior....

On the passenger side, I got these 3 connectors. Could they be from the ECU, all 3?

You must be registered for see images attach

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was it from a Tahoe or pickup? The harnesses are different and the Tahoe has more plugs for some reason.

Last edited:

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the wiring the same for all types, 1500, 2500, 3500, 2x4, 4x4, ... ?

My truck is a 2x4 but the dash is from a 4x4 (hi-low buttons on the dash).

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think when it goes to the push button 4x4 the harnesses are different. But I believe they are the same when its manual 4x4.

The small skinny plug is not plugged in on my truck, The other two I want to say may hook to the power window harness. Best way to do it is plug everything u can find in and leave the dash loose and make sure everything works, or go to pullapart and pull a dash loose and see what everything plugs into.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The power window harness is not seen in this picture, it is a seperate harness that was not installed yet when I took this picture. it hooks up to the blue connector you see just above the blower motor.

Not see easy over here, going to a junkyard. I live on the other side of the pond and we don't have many US cars, let alone '96 trucks in the junkyard...

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive seen a few rhd ones.

I looked in a parts suburban I have here and the big plug is plugged in but I cant tell where the other end goes. Every dash harness ive ever put in always becomes a pain, have left over plugs that don't go no where and end up spending hours searching thinking you missed a plug lol.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is the easy part... The most difficult will be the steering column.