in dash dvd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i just bought a 7" in dash dvd got it for $140 on clearance its a dual but for the same price as a regular decent model name brand i figure what the heck, after i installed it i started to think is it really practical and how much would i use it, the main reason is if we go on trips, my son and i he could watch it but i figure i would get tired of listen to the movie as we drive, so i keep it or return it and get a plain cd player, what do yall think.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
its up to personal opinion... i personally dont like flip outs because 99% of them are flimsy, and/or get in the way of something else on the dash...

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats another reason i cant have it fliped out down my roads where i live cause it would end up on the floor..... im looking into a sony gt54, clarion cz220 or a kenwood mp345, if anyone has any input on a great cd deck as i belive the in dash is going back, if i had double din it would more than likely stay so now im in the market for a good basic cd deck with aux or ipod control through the radio itself

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But with the 98 having the CD player above any HVAC controls, it really doesn't get in the way of much things. In all honesty, I would get an indash DVD player, hook it up in the glove compartment, and get a regular 7" LCD screen and replace the glove box with it, so that way your son can watch it (on his side, with head phones) while you still play the music from your cd player in the dash.

That is just how I would do it.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had a ps2 and lcd screen in a ford and it was retarded for myself, my friends loved it and im sure your son would too. it was more for looks than anything i guess. other than that if no one rides in your truck to watch it i find them useless. or maybe your can drive and watch it at the same time, i know i couldnt lol! i still want a double din dvd/cd player in my 97 though, but just for looks really thats all. i think you would be best off with an lcd screen and dvd/ ps2 or 3 or whatever for the lil guy.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i know after i bought it and installed it, it hit me that wow this is kind of stupid as i drive alot and dont do much sitting anywhere to be able to actually watch it, that and its more of a risk for people to break in, so im gona get a regular cd player, what do yall recomend? any of the mentioned above in post #3, i figure that the dvd player i can get to strap to the back of the headrest so my son can watch whatever he wants.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
it really is a personal opinion but if you dont like the flip out, then I would look at double dins. They are a little more work to install but trust me, you wont regret it. I had the Pioneer 900bt and loved it. It had NAV/Bluetooth/iPod hookup.And you dont have to worry about the flimsy screen

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
totally agreed man. id love to have a double din! as for a cd player i always loved pioneer and alpine. i had one kenwood but it was a motorized deal and that broke. it also didnt like to play cds.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i took it back and got my money back so now just looking around for regular cd player, if the double din kit and radio didnt cost so much i would put one in my truck. thanks for the comments