I'm back with a OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man you've got some awesome trucks!!!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hear ya man! It took 7 years to get my '77 built so you gotta have something while that's being done :D

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
The PO got a little saw happy:) but nice truck once you get her squared away.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya man! It took 7 years to get my '77 built so you gotta have something while that's being done :D

Exactly my thoughts. Plan on driving it to Lonestar Throwdown!

The PO got a little saw happy:) but nice truck once you get her squared away.

Yes they did.. Got the truck on the rack this morning to fix the fuel tank strap and bleed the brakes. Fuel strap was easy, no big deal. Started bleeding brakes and wasn't getting any fluid to right rear. Traced the line back to a cap in the T fitting. Re-flared the line and still no fluid… Well they used silicone on the cap, so scrapped it out with a pick and finally have brakes that doesn't go to the fire wall. Also changed the fuel filter because he pump sounded like it was having a hard time.
The two big shockers today was while looking under at the drivetrain noticed that the freeze plug on the driver side was installed backwards and was beat at bad to get it that way. So at this point I'm kinda sweating, but my mechanic friend said it was no big deal & had it changed in minutes. The last goodie was stopped waiting for school buses to pass and notice a lot of smoke coming from the bed, look back and see a flame!! Killed it and got out to notice the battery side of the inline fuse came discounted and arced on the compressor leader hose and was burning the wiring sheath. Guess that is what happens when you leave that fuse rattling around in the bed..

On a different note I noticed wheel spacers up front so I got looking around and discovered more stuff. I was wondering how it was laying out completely without being notched for tie rod ends. Well the lower control arms are arched up and puts the bag in a hell of a bind. That's when I found out with the spacers are there. The wheels are contacting the control arms at full lock which explains why I noticed the inner side of the wheels pretty gouged up. Not sure I'm going to do at the moment, going to talk with my suspension guy. Right now I'm thinking MMW budget arms and notch for the tie rod ends.
Oh yea, one more thing. The wire harness going into the cab from the fire wall(THat needs to be moved) already has a couple wires rubbed through from tires rubbing. So I'm hoping that's why my windshield wipers aren't working.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After doing some online looking. I'm 100% this whole truck was put together from airbag it.com….. These are the control arms that I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

And pretty positive the entire bolt-on rear setup is their "street Scrapper" kit.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck, I guess the PO used the look once cut twice method!

Thanks! Yes, the lived by that method! I'm finding so many shortcuts that just don't make sense. If they would have taken 5 more minutes to think things through it would way better than its current state.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just dropped it off with Eric from Warehouse Customs in Slidell. He is going to repair the wires that are rubbed in half in the main harness, move it also. Make mounting brackets for fuse box, computer and ABS stuff. Change out the mix matched bags with the Dom 2600's I ordered. Also is going through all the wiring, clean it up and re-route some airline that is touching in areas and then just a general clean up of what he can. All this by next weekend for a 360 mile trip to make the Lonestar Throwdown show!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He does quick work if he can make all that happen by then :) very nice!!