I hate my body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 99 CCsb and want to remove the body lift. Is there anywhere I can get new body mounts and hard wear? I have looked at jc Whitney as well as summit for the energy suspension brand but nothing states crew cab. Any advise would be appreciated.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks crappy with the frame showing under the cab. I want to remove it and put a sus lift on it. I wanted be body mounts as a kit to get the new body mount bolts. Not sure if it would be the best idea or not

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I never liked body lifts for that reason. I also don't like them as the bumpers always looked off. @SkyHighColorado, are your bumpers now lower due to the body lift?

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me either. Imo just a cheap way to fit big tires.
The tailgate to rear bumper gap is hideous. I could fab up a spacer to fill it in but why bother?!
I also hate how it steers. The steering wheel has a ton of slop/play because the steering shaft had to be pulled apart and a connector added between the two. I'm thinking a 5-7 lift would look great with some 37" tires.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It looks crappy with the frame showing under the cab. I want to remove it and put a sus lift on it. I wanted be body mounts as a kit to get the new body mount bolts. Not sure if it would be the best idea or not
I'd just buy the bolts separate it'll be like 10 bucks
Me either. Imo just a cheap way to fit big tires.
The tailgate to rear bumper gap is hideous. I could fab up a spacer to fill it in but why bother?!
I also hate how it steers. The steering wheel has a ton of slop/play because the steering shaft had to be pulled apart and a connector added between the two. I'm thinking a 5-7 lift would look great with some 37" tires.
Or you could do it correctly with the brackets and the spacing looks stock.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Also that spacer has zero to do with your steering problem. That spacer isn't even needed anyway. But there no way it could make your steering loose if you do choose to use it.