How to tune the 5.0 injector swap with the black boc PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greggor55

Reaction score
Hey guys looking too put in the 5.0 injectors in my 454 and I am wondering what the changes I need to make to the black box PCM? Do i just change the injector flow rate to match the flow rate of the injector? or is there more to it...I am using HP Tuners

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to an L29 since you do not specify. Do you mean injectors for the L29 sourced from five o motorsports or injectors from a 5.0L engine? The OEM injectors for a 1996 4.6L Mustang are plug and play and require no tuning. The injectors Five O Motorsports is selling today for the L29 are equivalent aftermarket versions that should be plug and play. Check the fuel trims after replacement and you'll know if that is true.

Be careful doing that job. The fuel rail and the injector retaining clips are no longer available new at any price. If you need to replace them you'll be on a scavenger hunt.