How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 Chevy Swag

Reaction score
so i went and picked up another temp/compass after school today and still nothing.Is the layout on the harness the same as on the more advanced dic. i already installed the dic with mpg,econ.,range,ect and everything worked fine thanks to all of you:gr_grin:. but desided to change to compass/temp only if all informatioon was going to be alittle off anyway so im trying to wire it the same way but still nothing is working. Is the power,ground,vss,ect. in the same places being power on left and rap on right side of plug the same as the advanced dic?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i went and picked up another temp/compass after school today and still nothing.Is the layout on the harness the same as on the more advanced dic. i already installed the dic with mpg,econ.,range,ect and everything worked fine thanks to all of you:gr_grin:. but desided to change to compass/temp only if all informatioon was going to be alittle off anyway so im trying to wire it the same way but still nothing is working. Is the power,ground,vss,ect. in the same places being power on left and rap on right side of plug the same as the advanced dic?

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from somewhere in MN

98 Chevy Swag

Reaction score
i got everything wired up and it works shows temp and compass but will not turn off with key i cut into the orange and black on the roof for power and ground but from the diagram it never showed the rap wire i supose i can just press the on off button every time i get out but that might get old

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. Glad you figured it out. I'm actually thinkin about swapping my full function one out for the basic but not sure if i wanna take the time to do it...... Mine stays on temp mode anyways 95% of the time otherwise its on instant milage

Sent from somewhere in MN

The Collector

Reaction score
Also will all the functions work. I'm looking for fuel economy and everything like that. Instant and over all. With my 98 k1500.