HIDS, blinding others?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine must be aimed ok. Because I've never been flashed and I've been directly in front and behind cops multiple times.

97 z71

Reaction score
i just got flashed last night so mine must not be aimed right.......

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
like said. test there aim. what ive done to my personal vehicles is just on straight level ground either driveway or back street with no traffic. just get out at night and just bob and weave your head bending down to check aim. if you blind yourself without bending over its defiantly to high! just judge where MOST lower stance vehicles drivers heads are and just tweak it. hard to describe but its rather easy for me to do and i only get flashed afew times a year. i just flash them back and keep rolling...
but if you keep getting flashed then adjust them further! remember there is a left and right and also a up and down! be sure not to aim them to far to the left to blind oncoming traffic!

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never had an issure with mine. only thing is at stoplight i kinda blind small cars because mines lifted haha. all of those high end hid projector cars still give off a glare in my opinion can be blinding at times

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like everyone else has said, aiming is key! The people that tend to get in trouble with the police are the folks that are running 8K+ HID's that are very blue in color. Also I would suggest a good set of atermarket headlight housing that feature a glare cap on the low beams to reduce glare for on coming drivers. The TYC Elegante is a good choice. I've been running 35W 5K HID's in high, low, and pencil beam/driving lights for a long time, and my set up is BRIGHT and i've never had any issues with getting flashed or the like. It's all in getting the headlights aimed correctly in housing that utilize a reflector/refractor based housing!

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I must say that my truck isn't lifted or even leveled at all so if you are lifted I would imagine that's something to keep in mind when you are aiming your headlights.

Also I agree that some housings with glare caps like the TYC's will help too.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
HID's are very illegal in non hid certified housing, that being said, I want to strangle every ****** that passes by me with them in stock housings without glare caps. Both of my vehicles have HID's in them, but I run projectors in the OBS and the car has glare caps in the housings. The best thing to do would be to get a set of housings with caps, or get projectors. But that gets expensive. Find a really good spot and aim them as best you can and go with it. You may piss off a few people still but you shouldn't be bothered by police. I absolutely love HID's, when done correctly. Even my projectors plums people if I'm directly behind them at a stop light because it's lifted. But while driving, they don't bother anyone else.