HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the low beams on both my 91 and my 99 I will never have another car or truck without them I LIVE THEM!! After xmas Im going to do the foglights in both trucks. Oh and I got mine from a local shop for $80 each

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 5000K HIDgate HIDs in the lows of my '94 with a hi-4 conversion. For housings, I have some TYC Elegantes.

I would rather have some 4300K - 4500K lights, but HIDgate doesn't have them. I helped a friend install some 4500K VVMEs in his '97. I may pick a set of those up for the '94 and put the 5000K HIDgates in my '91 since it's driven less.

I first had these installed in the stock housings. I got the TYC Elegante housings and it made a world of difference. Much better!

You must be registered for see images attach

350Vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^ Thats about the same output i get with my cheap ebay housings, Im suprised.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 5000K HIDgate HIDs in the lows of my '94 with a hi-4 conversion. For housings, I have some TYC Elegantes.

I would rather have some 4300K - 4500K lights, but HIDgate doesn't have them. I helped a friend install some 4500K VVMEs in his '97. I may pick a set of those up for the '94 and put the 5000K HIDgates in my '91 since it's driven less.

I first had these installed in the stock housings. I got the TYC Elegante housings and it made a world of difference. Much better!

I happen to have 4300k's and absolutely love them. I've run the higher temps and they're just not as effective. I also just ordered some TYC Elegantes, got both headlamps and turns. Glad to hear they work better than stock housings.

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
Something I've been wondering about HID's and running them in your lows like everyone does. Doesn't it blind everyone else on the road that you pass?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone have the 12000ks? and if not how come? i just got projectors ordered and want hids if they will fit in the housing. they look like long light bulbs idk if they will fit? lol

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone have the 12000ks? and if not how come? i just got projectors ordered and want hids if they will fit in the housing. they look like long light bulbs idk if they will fit? lol

I've see 12,000K kits. I honestly don't know why anyone would want them, but I've seen them listed.

I have yet to hear of anyone running into any troubles with the HID bulbs being too long for the housings.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5000k Low Beams

With 5000k Low Beams and 8000k High Beams

With the TYC Elegante headlams installed.