HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry to *****, but here is a good pic, sorry for the blurryness though b/c it was a cellphone. this was my yukon, my friends mustang and a friends maza 3 in that order. yukon and mazda had 6000k's and mustang had 5000k
. shows the color nice, and i assure u they didnt glare like that in person, it was raining and foggy that night.
You must be registered for see images attach

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
u sure those are 5000k? mine are mostly white with a very very very little hint of blue. those look like 6000k or up

A crappy cell phone camera isn't going to be able to take good pictures of lights to give a good representation of the color. His first 2 shots make them look a little blue, but the third looks alright.

rivera5130

Reaction score
A crappy cell phone camera isn't going to be able to take good pictures of lights to give a good representation of the color. His first 2 shots make them look a little blue, but the third looks alright.

Yea, phone really does distort it and makes it look alot more blue than it really is. You can definitely see a hint of blue IRL, but no where near what the first 2 show.

No access to an actual camera :(

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I posted "real" pics of my 5000Ks earlier in the thread at post #23. That's when they were in my '94. A couple weeks ago I moved them into my '91. I've still not taken it for a drive with them. I'm curious to see how well they work in the Escalade headlights.

But I will say that compared to the 4300Ks in my CTS and 4500Ks in my Suburban, the 5000Ks are really pushing the line of being too blue for me.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered from DDM nearly 2 weeks ago. It still says process on the website. Way too slow.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that happened to me, but i happened to order them on a wekend and monday being a holiday lol, took forever, but like 1 bad said, its well worth the wait.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the elegante housings make that much of a difference?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the elegante housings make that much of a difference?

Absolutely. I got a much better beam pattern out of them vs. stock. But the big difference is the glare issue. Stock 9006 bulbs have a painted glare cap on the tip of the bulbs. HIDs do not have this. The Elegante lights have glare caps covering the lowbeam bulbs. Stock housings don't have this. It makes a world of difference in eliminating glare with HIDs.