HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what would be better a set of ebay projectors or the euro lights with the sheilds for low beams?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what would be better a set of ebay projectors or the euro lights with the sheilds for low beams?

From my experiences, any aftermarket projectors for these trucks are a gamble and the odds are not in your favor. The majority of them just plain suck. Period. I've tried a lot of different headlights for these trucks through the years. The TYC Elegante headlights are the only ones I would recommend to anyone. They have the best look, the best fit and the best function of anything I've seen or used.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah thats what i have read and seen but there kind of pricey

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have been running a 5000K kit from HIDGate. Cheap price, great quality, plug-and-play, good customer service, and nice beam patterns. It shipped for 49.99 to my door. The lights are blue when they first fire up, but after about 10 seconds they are pure white. The glare is not bad either. No one has flashed their lights yet or complained.

My only problem is when the engine is not running. Sometimes the lights will flicker because of the low power provided to them, but with the alternator running there is no problems. A simple solution is provided by buying the relay kit from them. It costs $10 shipped to your door and is of good quality. If you always have the engine running though you do not need the relay kit.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have been running the a 5000K HIDGate kit for the last month. Love them. Cheep prices, great quality parts, good customer service, waterproof, digital, plug-and-play, and good beam patterns. Shipped to my door for 49.99. The glare is not bad and have never had anyone complain, just looks or awe when they look at them. They are blue at start-up but are pure white in 15 seconds, and BRIGHT AS HELL! You will not need to buy a set for the high beams because the light is spread out well along the road and you can see everything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

THE SECERET IS OUT! Buy a kit from them on EBAY and get a password to their site. VIP prices and a greater selection!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i went and checked out ddm. 24 ******* dollars for shipping fml

Quit separating the item price vs. shipping price. Just look at the total and you'll feel better about it. $54 shipped to Canada for a quality set of HIDs is nothing to complain about.

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They may be the cool "blue" color temp but they're useless on the road. The lightforce HID's only come in 3K-5K ratings for a reason.

Quoted from the lightforce website "The ‘K’ (kelvin) rating is inversely proportional to the light output, therefore the lower the ‘K’ the brighter the light output. At LIGHTFORCE we choose proven performance over bling with no exceptions. Don’t be misled!"

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They may be the cool "blue" color temp but they're useless on the road. The lightforce HID's only come in 3K-5K ratings for a reason.

Quoted from the lightforce website "The ‘K’ (kelvin) rating is inversely proportional to the light output, therefore the lower the ‘K’ the brighter the light output. At LIGHTFORCE we choose proven performance over bling with no exceptions. Don’t be misled!"

Most HID buyers think the higher the number the better they are. I never recommend anything higher than 5000K, but even 5000K is pushing the limits of being too blue for me. I really like the 4500Ks I have on my Suburban.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
i bought 6k's for my low beams, and will buy 4.5k's for high beams.. if i could do it again, i woulda went with 4.5k's on the low beams too..