Hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdawg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1991 Silverado 2500 4x4 extended cab. It has 22,000 original miles on it, and is in near show-room condition. I paid $7,000 for it last year when it had 15,000 miles on it. It has (I think) all the factory options, including some custom factory additions through a 3rd party van company, including upgraded front seating, and running boards. There's no way I can afford to buy a much newer truck for that kind of money, so this one is my baby, and I treat it as such.

I'm not way into custom modifications, just small tasteful tweaks and updates. So far I've installed a newer style rear-view mirror with the compass and outside temperature in it. I've added an auxilary input jack to the factory stereo. I've added a back-up camera, and remote keyless entry.

Right now I am in the process of adding the factory style fog lights from the 4x4ss pickups. I've installed the fog lights, and am working on the wiring. I am hoping to get the factory style switch ordered soon.

In the future, I want to upgrade the factory stereo (I do not like the way the aftermarket decks fit into these trucks) by adding an amp and a subwoofer under the back seat. I also am trying to figure out how to add a C.D. player under the seat or something, especially since I have the aux. input.

I'd also like to do a tasteful 1" or 2" lift. I don't like them to be super high. Also, I think the front end could look a little meaner, maybe a brush guard or something. The new fog lights in the air dam help a little.

I've been tossing around the idea of an overhead console, or maybe even going all out and having a moonroof installed ... we'll see.

I belong to another forum, chevytruckworld, but most of those guys seem to be focused on the newer trucks, hopefully I get some better advice here for the 88-98 crowd.

Thanks,
~Cdawg

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds good man. you should toss up some pics. and welcome to the site.

Cdawg

Reaction score
Here's some of the pics I have now. I gotta take some new ones with my new fog lights. FYI, the canopy is only on the truck during the winter out of convenince. Picked it up off Craigslist for $100, was already painted to match ... couldn't pass it up :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Let me know what you think would make the front end a little meaner. :)

Later,
~Cdawg

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you think would make the front end a little meaner. :)

Just some options
  • maybe a pre runner / ranch hand style bumper
  • update the grill to 95-99 grill
  • remove towhooks, and install clevis's
  • winch
  • HIDs
  • flying monkey from the wizard of oz on a leash tied to the bumper

Cdawg

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the input!

Not so sure about the flying monkey ... lol, but funny to think about.

The grill swap is an interesting suggestion, since it seems like the most common "upgrade" to the grill is to replace the factory style with a billet one.

I never paid attention to the difference in the grills before. At first glance they look the same but now that I look at it, I see more chrome on the 95-99 ones. I'm all about more chrome, but probably a lot of money for a relatively minor update.

Later,
~C-Dawg

Last edited: