help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluchevy

Reaction score
this truck is 1990 gmc k1500 with a 5.7 liter Ok... so i had a really bad leak in my intake truck ran for a bit i shut it off and was gonna just run it to pull it in the bay of an auto shop didnt start.. figured it was something to do with my intake manifold gasket.. got it all fixed truck would not start... so i poured fuel in the tbi and the truck ran for a bit on the small amaount of fuel i gave it so of corse its not gettin fuel figured it was the the pump no pump is good just not gettin power to it so i figured it was the relay but i can hear it click when key is turned so figered it couldnt be the relay then checked the fuse the fuse is good so any ideas this is my only ride and i have to get it fixed soon it may be something stupid i actually hope it is any help would be great...

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could be a list of problems from kinked fuel lines,gummed injectors,fuel filter,ect bust most definetly start with the most simple diagnosis an u have already confirmed that your pump is working an said relay is good......so that means that ur starting at your fuel source(tank) an pump is doing its job so work your way up to the fuel filter an see if it is clogged.then obviously if your getting fuel to/past that point then just keep working your way up to the engine were the (2 i believe on TBI) injectors are located.. thats just my insight good luck

bluchevy

Reaction score
i did that and my filter and injecters are not clogged. i believe its somthing in the power gettin to the pump. is there something im missing in the wiring of the pump that would just go bad. i checked wires and couldnt see anything and i checked all my grounds there all good. i put a tester on connection going to the pump no power goin to it so is there another relay or some saftey switch that during failer might turn off fuel system power

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe the oil pressure switch will prevent the fuel pump from running constantly. There are two on these engines, one that tells your gauges what the oil pressure is and one that keeps the engine from running if your oil pressure drops by cutting off the fuel so you don't toast your engine. I would try repacing that sensor and see if she fires back up.

heavrolet9894

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definetly check your oil pressure sensor as said above. If that doesn't fix it then you need to start chasing wires to see if you have a break anywhere.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont get it you said your getting fuel up to/past the fuel filter correct? if so then your pump is working properly... thats why im confused on why u say your not getting enough power to the pump? maybe you have a shrader valve on your engine to check your fuel pressure

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just re read the last post from the OP ...most vehicles that ive messed with have had a bad internal ground connection on pump assembly. have u pulled ur pump and inspected all connections? im definetly not doubting that it could be that switch just giving more likely causes for your problem

bluchevy

Reaction score
ok thank yalll for the tips illl order the senors tonight and the confusion about the small amount of fel i gave it is fuel ai poured direct into the tbi

bluchevy

Reaction score
ok besides those senting units i wannta make sure i have all grounds right. and eliminate all other options so locations of all the grounds that it could be would be great. and why would that sending unit go out just because a blown intake manifold gasket it seams strang to me am i missing somthing stupid?