help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so i did my motor swap and i start the truck and it is idling at 2500+rpm. i noticed that the iac was not closed all the way so i did a relearn and it did not change i can not get the iac to close. i have tried 2 iac's and still the same. they move but don't close.

any ideas?

1995 chevy k1500
98 5.7 vortec create motor
gmpp zz4 cam
duel plane intake.
bbc tbi with 350 injectors
jba headers
tbi chips tune

also i need to upgrade my fp so i can get 18psi. will a stock 96 pump work?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Coolant Temp Sensor in the intake manifold working correctly?

Also, I believe a 96 pump would be too high of a pressure, but don't quote me.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to figure out where your at id be putting a adjustable regulator with a gauge on.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i agree with chris... tbi's usually run 9-13 psi of fuel pressure, where as the 96-99 vortec ran i think its either 55 or 65psi (correct me if im wrong... i know its sumwhere in that ball park)... so a 96 pump will have way too much pressure

when it idles that high, and u hit the throttle, does it idle down some, or go back to 2500rpm?

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the cts was off the old motor but was only a few months old. but i will check that. do you have the readings the cts should be giving at different temps.

i need to get to 18 psi to get the correct amount of fuel for the motor. i have made the fpr adjustable and am also runing a stronger spring. i have a gauge temperaly installed but can only get the pump to make 11psi.