Help with interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my Hvac switch went bad and I replaced it . At night when I turned lights on all the sudden the cargo lamp, CD player bag off/On and half the radio lamps are not coming on. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 98 that shows if there is a common ground.

You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem definitely sounds like a ground . Mine is a 93 so my shop manual info would probably not help you. i would look for a ground around the steering column somewhere. I am sure that someone who has wired a later model would have more info. Sounds like something did not get tightened. Starting there check your connections for the HVAC switch and see where that ground is. Most of the lighting circuits are hot and the ground is switched if I remember it correctly. @skylark might have ideas.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They ground at G200. Are you sure that the radio bulbs weren’t half out to begin with? If they were all still working, that would be a rare case unless you had replaced them earlier. That only some would suddenly go out would make me wonder if the antenna wire was disconnected and the end hit the radio chassis—I’ve heard that can cause issues with the circuit board but maybe others can confirm.

Anyways, here are the diagrams for a 1998. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuckyLuke

Reaction score
Sorry for dumping the thread, did you find the issue?

I have the excact same problem with my 98 6.5td!