Hello from the sunshine state :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokey65662

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Names Aaron and I'm hoping this can become my new home for everything related to my precious truck :p
I am excited to get started with the sharing of knowledge when it comes to these old trucks.

I don't really know what else to say to introduce myself....brain isn't very cooperative tonight.

Hmmm...how about a little backstory? There is a reason each of us loves these old trucks so much.

For me, my truck is all about sentimental value. It was bought by my father, brand new, a few months before I was born. His intentions with the truck were to give it to me when I was old enough and had earned it. So the first car...erm..truck that I have ever ridden in is this beautiful 93 chevy silverado c1500 fully loaded from one of those luxury conversion companies. It was the family vehicle until the van (astro) came along and then it got designated to work/beater truck. It has 270,000 miles and it has seen hard times unfortunately. Now that its mine I have done everything I can to restore it and maintain it so that it may live forever :p

So basically I am diving deeper and deeper into this truck atm trying to restore it and I really need a "family" that I can go to for help, as well as help others. I'm really hoping this place is it :)

Smokey65662

Reaction score
Alright, here is some pictures now that they are uploaded.

The first two are a year or so old. The others are more recent.

You must be registered for see images

truck doing what it should....hauling a bunch of junk. lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
:welcome: we need pics and what plans do you have other than restore it?

EDIT: Sorry. Just saw your previous post. What siz etires are those?

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Welcome from IL. good solid platform to start with. glad you could join the family. watch out for those night owls they can be vultures, but that just means they are cool with you haha.

Smokey65662

Reaction score
:welcome: we need pics and what plans do you have other than restore it?

EDIT: Sorry. Just saw your previous post. What siz etires are those?

They are 31's. I can get the exact tire size tomorrow morning when I leave for work if you want.

The night owls shouldn't bother me, at least I hope not lol. I'm a night owl myself although not by choice. You know how that goes.

My plans for the truck are very extravagant but at the same time rather practical. Currently thought I'm working to restore the entire interior to close to stock with some minor improvements. It's a few months in the making sadly since I am constantly so busy but so far I have gutted the entire interior, laid down damplifier pro, fixed some surface rust on the drivers side floor board, combed through the interior wiring (what a mess) to try and track down those electrical gremlins that the truck has had since I can remember, installing a viper 5704 (got this idea right before I finished the wiring inside), running speaker wire for the new stereo, fixed the rear window seal, same deal with the windshield, removing the hvac box to replace the evaporator coil atm as well as clean that thing out....it's disgusting, and I have replaced the passenger window regulator and motor.

I still have to finish wiring up the viper but I got remote start, the door locks, dome light supervision, and all the little tie ins done there. Still have to wire up the relays for the horn honk, the multiple sirens, the battery backup, and the relays to keep the radio on after key off until the door opens although that has nothing to do with the viper I suppose. After that im going to try and figure out a way to install a serviceable filer on the ac system. So far I see no good way to do that but we will see of I come up with something soon. I also have to go get a new dashboard. I took mine out and it came out in chunks..... I am going to try and make custom door panels for the doors so I can locate a speaker there. Same deal with the back speakers. I am going to completely re-do the hvac system and try to bring it up to modern standards since I cant be without ac here in the rainforest state -.- I am going to replace the condenser with a parallel flow unit that is more efficient for r134a (better heat dispersion), replace the stupid pos R4 compressor with a Sanden unit (7 series), and hopefully the ac system will last longer and work better than it ever has for me (1~2 years it has to be re-done since it was bought). I have done the big three and installed an 275 amp alternator. I am replacing the stock (torn) seatbelts, and having the upholstery re-done. Not sure if im keeping those front seats though.

Theres more being done in this project but ill leave it at that for now. It's going slow and im hoping I can save some time by getting advice from the smarties here as opposed to doing 8 hours of research just for 3 hours worth of work.

I just want it done....I was given a company vehicle to drive so I can't complain (except for the fact that it's an hhr lol)

Ill post a picture of where im currently at so you guys can see just how deep Ive gotten myself into this :p

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Welcome from IL. good solid platform to start with. glad you could join the family. watch out for those night owls they can be vultures, but that just means they are cool with you haha.

are you referencing anyone in particular? haha

Nice truck! Can't wait to see where you go with it. :welcome: from good 'ol Ioway