Head Gasket Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well today the head gasket on the passenger side let go. Over the years she had overheated a time or two so when apart going to make sure to get the heads checked.

Anyways onto the parts needed.

While looking online I noticed depending on any shaving you can get different thicknesses. So for a 98 5.7 what size would be needed? Currently stock never milled. Seem to show .20 all the way to .90 available for this truck.

Obviously lower and upper intake man gaskets will be needed, exhaust manifold gaskets? Anything else you can think of?

Thx

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I use Cometic head gaskets. You are going to need new head studs/bolts, valve cover gaskets and the others you mentioned.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
still working on doing this to my truck, been apart a week so far
dont forget things like wire wheels for drill, a scraper, acetone, permatex, anti seize for the manifold bolts, moly grease
i got the felpro set from advanced, had every gasket and some rtv
i ended up putting headers on while i was at it, found some stainless ones cheap on ebay
might want to change plugs while thier out, thermostat

Last edited: