Has anyone dyed their seat belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking to dye some leather seats from a 95+ black, after i receive them has anyone ever dyed their seat belts ??

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, but I was thinking about that the other night when I decided I was going to change the interior of my truck... It might be easier to find some at a junkyard that are "close enough" to play nice with your interior color. I'll be following this one to see what develops though.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have grey now but going to black..... junk yard belt trial run may be in order.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black might be hard to find... too bad you're not going tan, blue, or red/burgundy. I'm also going black or a darkish charcoal. Keep me posted to what you find. Another thought I had was I think you could make seat belts from a bunch of different vehicles work in our trucks, so think outside of the box while you're searching.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Dyed mine with SEM black. After 3 years of sitting in storage, they're holding up great. No fading, but they haven't seen the sun much.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you use a spray or a liquid dye... I'm worried about the the spots where its folded around the buckle and under the plastic trim that right by the buckle. Sorry for run on. I'm illiterate .

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It's all the same. You can either get it in an aresole spray can, or by the gallon that you can whipe/spray on yourself.

I took my whole seat belt apart to do it.

Wagg2319

Reaction score
LMC has black one that's the way I'm gonna go on my back seat I bought some black cadillac seats out of cts-v so that took care of the front

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would also like to see pics of the seatbelts died black, I am thinking about doing this also!

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LMC has black one that's the way I'm gonna go on my back seat I bought some black cadillac seats out of cts-v so that took care of the front

Did you use the riser mounts from the truck seats? If not how low do the seats sit? I was actually looking at a set today and thought they looked really nice