Hard starting problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 good sized guys can lift the box off, or if you have a cherry picker or chain hoist you can put some 2x4s under the rail and lift it off.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
2 good sized guys can lift the box off, or if you have a cherry picker or chain hoist you can put some 2x4s under the rail and lift it off.

No cherry picker, hoist or forklift........It'd def. be manual labor!!!! :rofl:

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Wanna come over to my place? We can do both our trucks at the same time! Lol

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I'm doing mine a week from Sunday. Should have 3 guys to help me, should workout well. I think I'll take my rear bumper off to reduce th chance of tearing up the paint when we lift it off!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Dropping the tank isn't that bad if it doesn't have too much fuel in it. 2 jacks either end with some wood blocks so you don't damage the tank, jack up a tad on each, unhook your straps, take off the filler, undo your lines and wires, drop er down and pull it out. Takes like, 20 minutes including beer time. Up here in rusty eastern Canada, removing bed bolts is a major PITA. I suppose down south they'd probably just turn out by hand...lol

Either way, it's not a hard job. Myself and a friend can remove a longbed without much hassle, I'm about 6'4 and 190 lbs and he was about the same. It was a lift for sure but very doable. If the bolts come out easy, that would be the way to do it.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Yeah very little rust down here. I dropped a tank before and hated it without a lift, so time to try a new route.