grill styles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I've never actually seen that type of phantom grille... I'm betting it's a one off custom job. look at devs truck he has a phantom

sent from the c1500 Denali
I think dev has a shaved grille with the billet inserts which is called a phantom sometimes. I think the GMC billet insert that cuts out the chrome ring (so it sits flush) is called a phantom also.

As far as the one I posted, that is the only one I've seen. It was ridiculously expensive.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
454SS Grille

You must be registered for see images attach

Shaved. W/inserts.

Stainless GMC insert. Not billet! (stronger, easier to clean.)

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The phantom grille looks :boobs: was this a prototype or can you buy these somewhere

That is Alan Budnik's truck of Budnik Wheels. It's still one of my all-time favorite GMT-400s. It was built around '98 or '99. Everything about the truck, the grille included, is custom. There was talk of making a production version of the grille for sale, but it never happened.

The headlight covers slide down to reveal the lights.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
That is Alan Budnik's truck of Budnik Wheels. It's still one of my all-time favorite GMT-400s. It was built around '98 or '99. Everything about the truck, the grille included, is custom. There was talk of making a production version of the grille for sale, but it never happened.

The headlight covers slide down to reveal the lights.

I like those taillights better than caddy lights. Thats an awesome truck.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I want the speed inserts on a color matched grille! I agree on the HD and Land Rover grilles so terrible looking!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I think dev has a shaved grille with the billet inserts which is called a phantom sometimes. I think the GMC billet insert that cuts out the chrome ring (so it sits flush) is called a phantom also.

As far as the one I posted, that is the only one I've seen. It was ridiculously expensive.

Actually this is incorrect, Deven has the smooth phantom grill, the gmc grill insert that moves the chrome ring is just the 31 bar insert, phantom is the grilles that have the billet that hide the lights

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is just a 30-bar billet insert:

This is a 30-bar phantom:

A phantom billet grille, like 96k1000 said, puts billet over the lights. The GMC 30-bar phantom inserts give some added options in that you'll see some just running the phantom light covers over the parking lights, leaving the headlights exposed. I had considered this route one time when I was running the 30-bar because the headlight covers with their tightly-spaced bars, really cut down on the light output at night.

More phantom: