Grill painting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New guy here. I'm in the process of changing a few things on my 98 Z71. So far I've completely rebuilt the front end, rear end, new shocks etc. Put in the "homelink" for the garage door and replaced the headlights/parking lights with clear lenses. Now I'm going to replace my stock grill for a black one. I bought it from LMC and am not sure of how to go about painting it to match the color of the truck (also black). I don't think the grill will be very flexible so was going to go with normal base color and clear over that. Would that work or should I go with a special paint for plastic.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
On my S10 I used Duplicolor for the OEM paint, lots of sanding, and lots of clear and it came out great. What is the "homelink" for the garage door?

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It replaced the single button on the door for the garage door remote. It has three programmable buttons and looks more built in. I found a few posts here that others have done. I believe the one I got came from a van.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always sand shell with 400 wet and red scotchbrite. Light coat of sealer, base, 1 wet coat of clear ( if you put too much clear every rock will leave a larger chip)