Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
gracias! I put my current toolbox on CL so I'll put the over-the-rails toolbox back on after I get the interior back together

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If it were me...

The cross bed box, a chest box essentially turns a 6' bed into a 4' bed... with a crossbed box, you can slide building materials underneath and take advantage of the full length of your bed (with most boxes at least) The best option IMO would be a low profile crossbed box (for a short bed)

This is the reason I got rid of my chest box... If I were u Scott I'd sell them both and buy a low profile black across bed box. I wish mine was a low profile but I got a good deal on it so it'll do for now.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I thought yours was a low profile? I will probably paint it black before I put it on. The chrome box/black rails ahs bothered me since I installed them

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
okay so among the many things that seem to be going wrong with my truck (new brakes squealing, tailgate bar burned out completely, something in the rear suspension squeaks, toolbox lid squeaks... yeah I'm a little tired of things squeaking), one of the worst is the passenger seat squeaks like crazy and it drives me nuts. I drive with windows down and music up all the time to drown it out. When I have a passenger or push on the seat (like pushing it towards the passenger door) it stops. I think it's the seat tracks. What's going on here? Would greasing the tracks fix it?

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
If it were me, I would start by checking all of the bolts that attach the seat to the cab, and the bolts that hold the seat frame together. A loose, flexing seat frame could potentially cause a squeak.

Just a guess though

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I just pulled everything but the dash and headliner out to dry up and fix a rain leak. I don't remember if it squeaked before that or not. I guess tomorrow I'll try tightening them down again

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'd make sure the bolts to the floor were tight first.

If that didn't stop it, I'd get a helper to move the seat and make it squeak and some tubing to stick in your ear to use like a stethoscope and find exactly what's squeaking.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
thanks for the tips fellas. nothing ****** me off more than constant squeaking in a car